Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
VISION FOR CHANGE NOVEMBER 2012 ELECTION - starts Fri. July 13th & Sat. July 14th
Friday, July 13, 2012 at 4:00 PM - Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM (PDT)
Oakland, CA 94612
Vision for Change
November 2012 Election | | | Program Schedule
The Training Institute for Leadership Enrichment (TILE), a non-profit organization supported by Black Women Organized for Political Action (BWOPA), is excited to announce its newest initiative: Vision for Change – candidate development and campaign training program.
This three-month candidate development and campaign-training intensive has been specifically designed for African-American women running for office in the November 2012 election. This November election course is a condensed version of the complete eight-month curriculum.
Vision for Change November Election 2012 will examine, customize and develop your Campaign Action Plan for winning! You will have the opportunity to work with political consultants, former elected officials and community leaders to propel you forward as a major contender leading to victory in the November 2012 race.
SESSIONS to take place at GIC | 410-14th Street, Oakland, CA (unless otherwise noted)
UPON REGISTRATION, participants will receive a Candidate Assessment to be completed prior to first session for analysis.
Dates are subject to change based on group consensus
Fri., July 13th- 6pm – 8:30pm
Sat, July 14th - 9:30am – 3:30pm
Fri., July 27th – 6pm – 8:30pm
Sat, July 28th - 9:30am – 5:30pm
Fri., Aug. 10th (Day in Sacramento - tbd)
Sat., Aug. 11th – 9:30am – 4pm
Sat., Aug. 25th – 9:30am – 4pm
Sat., September 8th - 9:30am – 4pm
Sat., September 22nd - 9:30am – 4pm
Individual appointments are available with respective advisor(s).
* PM Refreshments to be served ** A.M. refreshments and lunch served
INVITED ADVISORS (partial listing)
- Hon. Dezie Woods Jones, State President BWOPA*
- Hon. Alona Clifton, 1st VP, BWOPA*
- Hon. Surlene Grant, former San Leandro Vice Mayor *
- Hon. Malia Cohen, SF Supervisor
- Gwen Booze, 2nd VP BWOPA*
- Van Parish, CEO, The Parish Group * www.theparishgroup.com
- Maggie Linden, Senior Vice President Public Affairs, Ogilvy PR
- Lisa Williams, One Source Public Affairs*
GUEST SPEAKERS (partial listing)
- Debbie Taylor, (Fundraising Consulant)
- Margaret Hanlon-Gradie – Field Assets (Campaign Consultant)
- Susan Mernit, Publisher, OaklandLocal.com* (Social Media Consultant)
- Addisu Demissie, 50p1.com (Campaign Consultant)
- Alice Huffman, President, CA-NAACP
- Elaine Brown, activist
ABOUT BWOPA / TILE - http://www.bwopa.org/cms2/uploads/Media/BWOPA.mov